Mom's Famous Caramel Apple Dip
1-pkg (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, Softened
1/2 Cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
Beat cream cheese in small bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. Add brown sugar and vanilla; beat until well blended. Spoon into serving bowl. Serve with apple wedges for dipping & Enjoy!
Mother-in-law Thanksgiving Pecan Pie
1 cup Karo Light OR Dark Corn Syrup
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons butter/melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups pecans
1 (9-inch) unbaked or frozen deep-dish pie crust
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
1. Mix corn syrup, eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla using a spoon. Stir in pecans. Pour filling into pie crust.
2.Bake on center rack of oven for 60 to 70 minutes (see tips for doneness, below). Cool for 2 hours on wire rack before serving.
3. **To use prepared frozen pie crust: Place cookie sheet in oven and preheat oven as directed. Pour filling into frozen crust and bake on preheated cookie sheet.
4. RECIPE TIPS: Pie is done when center reaches 200°F. Tap center surface of pie lightly - it should spring back when done. For easy clean up, spray pie pan with cooking spray before placing pie crust in pan. If pie crust is overbrowning, cover edges with foil.
Hot Baked Cinnamon Apples
10 apple, cored, peeled and sliced thin
2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup brown sugar
2 tsp lemon juice (optional)
1 dash salt
1 dash nutmeg
Fresh whipped cream (optional) or ice cream (optional)
1. Place cut and peeled apples in a mixing bowl and gently mix all the ingredients together.
2. Put apples in a non-stick pan, and cook covered for 45 minutes at 375°F.
3. Stir at least once every 15 minutes.
4. Once they are soft, cook for another few minutes to thicken the cinnamon sauce.